Helsinki Festival is the largest arts festival in Finland, organised annually in late summer. The festival’s aim is to make art accessible for all. The programme line-up features classical and world music, theatre, dance, circus and visual arts as well as a range of urban events.
– In 2019, Helsinki Festival is organised on Aug 15th – Sept 1st. The programme is published in April.
– The next Night of the Arts is next arranged on August 15th 2019.
– In 2018, the festival had approx. 236 000 visits.
– Helsinki Festival is one of the four main organizers of the Musica nova Helsinki new music festival.
– Helsinki Festival operates under the auspices of the Helsinki Events Foundation, established by the City of Helsinki.
– The executive body of the foundation is its Board. Members of the Board are elected by the Helsinki City Board to serve a two-year term.
Helsinki Festival has been honored with the EFFE Label since 2015.